Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sensibly Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe came from our Girl's Weekend. I'm ashamed, but I haven't tried it yet. If any of you decide to try it, let me know how it is:

3 C. flour
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egg whites
1/3 C. water
2 C. chocolate chips
1/3 C. nuts (optional, and ALWAYS left out by me. ;) )

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine dry ingredients; set aside
3. Cream sugars, butter & vanilla; beat in egg whites, gradually. Beat in dry ingredients alternating with water. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Makes about 5 dozen cookies. 3 grams of fat per cookie. (not near enough for me.)

No comments: