Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ginger Snaps - Nicole Day

This is by far the best recipe I have EVER had from my good friend Nicole. They are without a doubt the best ginger snaps. I loved living with Nicole...mostly because of her ginger snaps...ha ha...just kidding. But she made some mean ginger snaps...and without further ado, here is the recipe:

1/2 C. margarine
1/2 C. shortening
2 C. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cloves
1/2 C. molasses
3-4 C. flour
4 tsp. baking soda

Beat first 4 ingredients until creamy. Add next 4 ingredients and beat well. Stir in just enough flour to make into balls,a nd roll in sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet. You will be tempted to cook these longer, but I say NO! Also, I suggest softening your butter in the microwave first.

No comments: